Click here to find out more about the show.
Otago Access Radio embodies the spirit of community by providing the means for people of all backgrounds and beliefs to share their experiences. Through discussion, debate, music and storytelling we celebrate our differences, support creativity and encourage participation.
’Eco Living In Action’ – Thursdays, 2.30pm-3pm
Maureen’s programme Eco Living In Action, which airs on Thursdays at 2.30pm, explores everyday tips for living more sustainably.
An audience of more than 100 people gathered on awards night to celebrate the achievements of OAR FM’s more than 160 volunteer broadcasters, and were entertained by university of Otago ukulele group the Uni Ukes and dancers from the Natyaloka School of Classical Indian Dance.
Maureen, who provides interactive talks, workshops and courses for adults and community groups in Dunedin, was presented with the PSA Supreme Award trophy and $150 prize by Dunedin-based PSA organiser Keith McFadyen.
Full List of Results OAR FM Air Awards 2013:
- Community Information: My Money, Shirley Woodrow, Dunedin Budget Advisory Service
- Health and Wellbeing: Bridging The Gap, Salvation Army Bridge Programme;
- Music: Femme Fatale, Inge Andrew and Lynn Vare;
- Music (Community Supported): Connections Collection, Connections Activity Centre;
- Faith: Reaching Out with Aaron and David, Aaron Knotts and David Woodrow, Dunedin Church of Christ;
- Children and Youth: Space Station Kiwi, Marchell “Captain Cornflakes” Lynzey;
- Language and Culture: The French Roast, Sandrine Feillet, Romain Bouju, Sylvain Farcy, Lisa Taurines, Ebony Hinds;
- Special Interest: Eco Living In Action, Maureen Howard;
- Most Popular Podcast: Jazz Cafe, Lou McConnell;
- Listeners’ Choice: Fulton Home Residents’ Show;
- Most Valued Volunteers: Otago Community Broadcasters Executive Committee (OCBS);
- Lifetime Membership of OCBS: Tim McMullen;
- PSA Supreme Award: Eco Living In Action, Maureen Howard.
Thanks to these funding organisations for their support: